There is no substitute for actively participating in art!
Summer is a great time for those new to ballet to try a session and for those who already study to focus on increased strength, stamina, flexibility, and coordination without the full-time academic schedule of the school year.
Students enrolled in summer programming add to their skills, explore new movement, and experience the joy of dance in condensed programs that bridge to the fall classes and provide for flexibility of summer schedules.
St. Paul Ballet celebrates inclusiveness and values all body types by encouraging a life-long love of movement and healthy body image. We strive to maintain a nurturing environment in which the dancer’s individual development is championed.
Classes are taught by St. Paul Ballet faculty with live accompaniment.
We welcome new students at anytime. Please call or email for more information 651-690-1588 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Studios at 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
We remain committed to equity and inclusiveness, especially for those who are marginalized, and understand that the pandemic will hit some in our community harder than others. Closures of non-profits have a profound effect on the financial health of artists and children in our program.
Our organization is a non-profit and our staff are hourly employees. Please consider a DONATION at this time to “keep the lights on” and supplement our staff. Their contribution to the vitality of our lives is hard to quantify: beautiful movement and music sparks our imaginations, gives us meaning, helps us understand our world and gives us great personal satisfaction.
Registration & More Information
Tuition payments are due before the start of a class session.
Sibling discount: 5% on the lower tuition for the Children’s Division | 10% on the lower tuition for the School-Year Division
Do you offer scholarships? Yes, we offer need-based scholarships. Please complete the application and mail, email or bring it to our studios at: 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
Location and Parking:
655 Fairview Avenue N., St Paul, MN 55104 Ample free parking lot. Just 3 blocks north of the Fairview Ave. LRT Station on University Ave.
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if booking is not cancelled at least one hour early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 5 and above may show proof of vaccination.
- Masks are welcomed and at the discretion of the wearer.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines as of March 2022:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new in Fall 2019 and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio