FALL 2020–SPRING 2021
We invite you to St. Paul Ballet’s Pre-Ballet dance classes. These Semester long sessions are developmentally appropriate for 5-6 year olds who are age 5 by September 1, 2021. Dancers gain strength, flexibility, self confidence and are encouraged to create in collaboration with others through the joy of movement. (Children attend without a parent in the classroom.)
We welcome new students at anytime. Please call or email for more information 651-690-1588 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Studios at 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
All classes are in-person at this time.
- All classes are by pre-registration only.
- Class limit is 10 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 12 or over must show proof of vaccination or negative test within one week.
- Masks are mandatory in classes with students between ages 2-12. We also recommend wearing a mask in all common areas of the building.
- Please see additional COVID-19 Preparedness details below.
Pre-Ballet for ages 5-6
Pre-Ballet Ages 5-6
As we re-build our programming moving out of the pandemic, we remain committed to equity and inclusiveness, especially for those who are marginalized, and understand that the pandemic has hit some in our community harder than others. We will continue to offer scholarships and find a spot for anyone who wants to dance!
Our organization is a non-profit and our staff are hourly employees. Their contribution to the vitality of our lives is hard to quantify: beautiful movement and music sparks our imaginations, gives us meaning, helps us understand our world and gives us great personal satisfaction. Please consider a DONATION as we work to remain open through rebuilding our enrollment.
Registration & More Information
Tuition payments are due before the start of classes for the year by September 13, 2021.
For convenience, tuition may be paid by semesters or monthly (please contact the Administrative Assistant at 651-690-1588).
- Three payment options by check/cash or credit card:
1. One annual payment.
2. Semester payments: September 13, 2021 and January 31, 2022.
3. 8 Monthly payments: due on the same day each month. Arrange at registration.
- NOTE: A 2% processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
- Entire tuition payment MUST be completed before the Winter and Spring Showcases for a student to be able to participate in the performance.
- Sibling discount: 5% on the lower tuition for Children’s Division | 10% on the lower tuition for School-Year Division
New Student Admission
New students ages 2.5-8: Register for class in your age group. No placement/audition needed.
New students ages 9-18 in the School-Year Division: Please contact School Director Christina Onusko at email@example.com or call 651-690-1588 to arrange a placement class for the School Year Division.
New students ages 7-13 in the Community Division: Register for Intro to Ballet without a placement class.
New students ages 13+ in the Community Division: Register for Adult-Teen classes without a placement class.
In-studio Showing for Pre-Ballet students in December 2021. Date TBA. Families are invited to attend.
The Best of The Nutcracker 2021 is for all students enrolled full-time in the School-Year Division. Performances in December 2021. Casting is at the sole discretion of the directors.
Spring Showcase: A Celebration of Our Students for students enrolled full-time for the School-Year Division and students of the Children’s Division. Performances in May 2022.
Performance fees: This fee helps defray the costs for cleaning/repair/replacement of costumes in SPB’s inventory.
$40 fee due October 1, 2021 for students participating in The Best of The Nutcracker.
$40 fee due March 1, 2022 for students participating in the Spring Showcase.
We couldn’t do it without you! Parents/guardians of semester or full-term students have the option of volunteering a minimum of 4 hours per semester during performance production weeks or paying a fee of $100 per semester to hire additional staff for productions.
Do you offer scholarships? Yes, we offer need-based scholarships. If tuition is a barrier, please complete the application HERE OR call and ask for a scholarship application. We would like to provide dance for any child who would like to try! Please complete the application and mail, email or bring it to our studios at: 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
Parent Meetings: Nov 11, 7:30-8:30pm OR Nov 13, 5:00-6:00pm
An essential meeting for families with dancers in the School-Year and Children’s Divisions will take place over Zoom. The link will be sent to families a few days prior. School policies, events, and performance opportunities will be discussed.Q&A.
Location and Parking:
655 Fairview Avenue N., St Paul, MN 55104 Ample free parking lot. Just 3 blocks north of the Fairview Ave. LRT Station on University Ave.
Volunteer opportunities: Help support the ballet through volunteering at performances and events. Sign up with the Administrative Assistant.
Fall Open House October 9 or 16, 2021
The Best of The Nutcracker (Dec 2021)
Spring Student Showcase (May 2022)
and other opportunities as announced throughout the year!
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if a class spot is booked but not cancelled at least 4 hours early.
- Class limit is 10 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 12 and above must show proof of vaccination or negative test within one week.
- If you are unvaccinated you will need to wear a face mask. All dancers under the age of 12 are required to wear a face mask into the space and in class. We recommend wearing a mask in all common areas of the building.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10-15 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines as of September 2021:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is booked but not cancelled before the class begins.
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new last Fall and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
At SPB, we will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance.