• Classes are on the schedule throughout the summer
• Watch for added classes in July and August including an Adult Fundamentals 1 session
• NOTE: Two days off this summer on Monday, July 4th and Saturday, July 23
All classes are in-person at this time.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if a class spot is booked but not cancelled at least 1 hour early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- Please stay home if you are ill or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Masks are welcomed.
Adult/Teen Classes - book yourself
Adult-Teen Classes as of September 1, 2021
SINGLE CLASS PRICES
Single class rate: $15
Senior Citizen single class rate: $9 (60+)
Post-Secondary Student single class rate: $12 (Currently enrolled in an education program)
Advanced Professional (and professional teacher) dancer single class rate: $10
CLASS CARD RATES as of September 1, 2021
4-class card: $57 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
6-class card: $85 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
12-class card: $132 good for 4 months from date of purchase.
Adult Ballet Fundamentals 1: $114 for 8-week Session
NOTE: A 2% processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
All students are asked to wear ballet attire or clothing that allows for fluid movement during class. Ballet technique shoes are required (with the exception of trying a free first class in which case socks would be permitted.)
Adult/Teen Classes for ages 13+
Teen and Adult Classes are designed for students who wish to begin or continue dance training for health, recreation or self-enrichment. Students are encouraged to grow as an individual artist and to participate at their own pace. Classes are taught by teachers dedicated to the growth and fostering of ballet as an art form and believe dance contributes to a healthy lifestyle. Classes emphasize overall body conditioning and encourage an aesthetic appreciation of dance. Classes are accompanied by professional musicians.
SPB offers teen students ages 12-18 individual placement assessments.
Please contact email@example.com or
CALL: 651-690-1588 with questions.
NOTE: For students aged 13 and under who would like to try ballet for the first time please see our Intro To Ballet Classes.
Multiple Week SESSIONS
Adult/Teen Ballet Fundamentals 1:
This is for the adult with no ballet experience! Learn the basic steps, class etiquette, direction of movement, and more. Ages 13 and older. 8-week Session. Dancers progress to Fundamentals 2.
Mondays 6:00-7:15pm | Instructor: Jill Lile
Session 1: Sep 13 – Nov 1
Session 2: Nov 8 – Jan 17 (Break Dec 17-Jan 2)
Session 3: Jan 24 – Mar 14
Session 4: Mar 21 – May 16 (Break Apr 4-10)
Check back for Summer 2022 July-Aug session!
$114 each session. Repeat this class only with permission from the instructor.
(See tuition above)
Adult/Teen Ballet Fundamentals 2:
This is for the adult who has completed Ballet Fundamentals 1 or who is returning after enjoying ballet as a child. Ages 13 and older. Book yourself online for classes.
Wednesdays 6:00-7:15pm | Instructor: Jen Mack
Adult/Teen Beginning Ballet:
For the student who is returning to ballet and has had six months or more of classical ballet classes. Ages 13 and older. Book yourself online for classes.
Mondays 7:15-8:30pm | Instructor: Jill Lile
Wednesdays 7:15-8:30pm | Instructor: Jen Mack
Saturdays 10:30-11:45am | Instructor: Rose Hartnett
Adult/Teen Intermediate Ballet:
For the student with a minimum of one year of classical ballet experience in the recent past. Ages 13 and older. Book yourself for online classes.
Wednesdays 7:00-8:30pm ⎪ Instructor: Alejandra Iannone
Saturdays 9:00-10:30am ⎪ Instructor: Rose Hartnett
Adult Life Long Ballet:
A gentle ballet class for dancers who are continuing a practice of ballet training for exercise and enjoyment! At least one year of classical ballet experience required. Recommended ages 30+
Tuesdays 9:45-11:00am | Instructor: Jill Lile
For the dancer with 3 or more years of recent classical ballet training.
Mondays 10:15-11:45am | Instructor: Penelope Freeh
Advanced Professional Ballet:
For the professional dancer or college dance major.
Wednesdays 10:00-11:30am | Instructor: Helen Hatch
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if booking is not cancelled at least one hour early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 12 and above may show proof of vaccination.
- Masks recommended.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines as of March 2022:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is booked but not cancelled one hour before the class begins.
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new in Fall 2019 and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
At SPB, we will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance.