All classes are in-person at this time.
- Classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if a class spot is booked but not cancelled at least 1 hour early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- Please stay home if you are ill or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Masks are welcomed and at the discretion of the wearer.
Adult Classes - book yourself!
Adult Life Long Ballet
A gentle ballet class for dancers who are continuing a practice of ballet training for exercise and enjoyment! At least one year of classical ballet experience required. Recommended ages 30+
Tuesdays 9:45-11:00am | Instructor: Jill Lile
Adult Boomer Ballet
Boomer Ballet is a class designed specifically for the 55+ age group. It is based on the Royal Academy of Dance’s “Silver Swans” program which is designed for older learners. Whether you’re an experienced dancer, have briefly dabbled, or are a complete novice, we welcome all older learners of any ability.
Tuesdays 11:00am-12:00pm | Instructor: Jill Lile
Adult Classes as of September 1, 2022
The health benefits of dance are well documented. Scientific research has shown that approximately 75% of the factors that affect your quality of life are related to lifestyle choices while the remaining 25% are hereditary. Research also puts dance ahead of other physical activities in the variety of health benefits that it brings. There’s no excuse for not being active, whatever your age, and dance can play a vital role in ensuring a longer and higher quality of life.
10 ways dance can improve your life
1. Dance increases your energy level.
2. Dance is a great way to expand your social circle and meet new people.
3. Dance can support weight loss and reduce stress.
4. Dance can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
5. Dance slows aging by boosting the immune system.
6. Dance can help diminish the symptoms of depression.
7. Dance improves proprioception and balance, resulting in fewer fall later in life.
8. Dance increases cognitive ability by promoting new connections in the brain.
9. Dance can enhance your sense of well-being and confidence.
10. Dance can improve posture, coordination and mobility.
Finally, it’s so darn fun!!
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if booking is not cancelled at least one hour early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 12 and above may show proof of vaccination.
- Masks are welcomed and worn at the discretion of the wearer.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
SINGLE CLASS PRICES
Single class rate: $15
Senior Citizen single class rate: $9 (60+)
Post-Secondary Student single class rate: $12 (Currently enrolled in an education program)
Advanced Professional (and professional teacher) dancer single class rate: $10
CLASS CARD RATES as of September 1, 2021
4-class card: $57 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
6-class card: $81 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
12-class card: $142 good for 4 months from date of purchase.
All students are asked to wear ballet attire or clothing that allows for fluid movement during class. Ballet technique shoes are required (with the exception of trying a free first class in which case socks would be permitted.)
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines as of March 2022:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is booked but not cancelled one hour before the class begins.
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new in Fall 2019 and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
At SPB, we will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance.