If you have not registered since re-opening: Please click on the button above to set up a new profile.
Existing customers: Please click on the button above and log-in with your user email and password.
After Log in or Registration you may book yourself in classes below.
In-person classes as of March 12 at 50% capacity.
One on-line option is currently available: Beginning Ballet on Wednesdays
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time.
- Class limit is 10 students. NO DROP-INs.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Please see additional COVID-19 Preparedness details below.
Adult-Teen Classes as of February 21, 2021
Adult-Teen Classes as of February 21, 2021
DROP IN CLASS PRICES
Single class rate: $15
Senior Citizen single class rate: $9 (60+)
Post-Secondary Student single class rate: $12 (Currently enrolled in education program)
Ballet for Athletes single class rate: $12
Professional (and professional teacher) dancer single class rate: $10
CLASS CARD RATES as of September 1, 2019
4-class card: $57 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
6-class card: $85 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
12-class card: $132 good for 4 months from date of purchase.
NOTE: A 2% processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
All students are asked to wear ballet attire or clothing that allows for fluid movement during class. Ballet technique shoes are required (with the exception of trying a free first class in which case socks would be permitted.
Adult/Teen Classes for ages 13+
Teen and Adult Classes are designed for students who wish to begin or continue dance training for health, recreation or self-enrichment. Students are encouraged to grow as an individual artist and to participate at their own pace. Classes are taught by teachers dedicated to the growth and fostering of ballet as an art form and believe dance contributes to a healthy lifestyle. Classes emphasize overall body conditioning and encourage an aesthetic appreciation of dance. Classes are accompanied by professional musicians who collaborate with our teachers just as in our pre-professional program.
SPB offers teen students individual placement assessments for beginning to intermediate ballet. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
CALL: 651-690-1588 with questions.
NOTE: For students aged 13 and under who would like to try ballet for the first time please see our Intro To Ballet Classes under the Introductory Program.
This is for the adult with no ballet experience! Learn the basic steps, class etiquette, direction of movement, and more. Ages 13 and older.
Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm | Instructor: Jennifer Mack
Adult/Teen Open Beginning Ballet:
For the student who enjoyed ballet as a child or has had six months or more of classical ballet classes. Ages 13 and older.
Mondays 7:00-8:00pm | Instructor: Rose Hartnett
Wednesdays 7:15-8:30pm ONLINE ONLY | Instructor: Alejandra Iannone
Saturdays 10:30-11:45am | Instructor: Rose Hartnett
Adult/Teen Open Intermediate Ballet:
For the student with a minimum of one year of classical ballet experience. Ages 13 and older.
Wednesdays 7:00-8:30pm ⎪ Instructor: Jennifer Mack
Thursdays 10:00-11:30am ⎪ Instructor: Jill Lile
Saturdays 8:45-10:15am ⎪ Instructor: Rose Hartnett
Adult Life Long Ballet:
A gentle ballet class for dancers who are continuing a practice of ballet training for exercise and enjoyment! At least one year of classical ballet experience required. Recommended ages 30+
Tuesdays 10:00-11:30am | Instructor: Jill Lile
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- Don’t forget your face mask. All staff and dancers are required to wear a face mask into the space and in class, no exceptions.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10-15 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- You will be asked to answer a short symptomatic questionnaire or have your temperatures taken as you enter the space.
- The drinking fountain will not be accessible. The bottle filler is open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be immediately discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio, to your place at the barre, where they are to remain for the duration of class. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Dancers working at portable barres should move their belongings to the back of the room, for center work.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms are used for changing and can accommodate up to 5 people at a time.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
WORKING IN CLASS
- For proper social distance spacing, the barres are marked at 6′ intervals with red tape and the floor is marked with white “x” as starting placement for center work.
- Groups will be smaller in size, relative to the movement of combinations.
- No partnering or touching will be given in class.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN State Guides as of 2-14-2021:
Maintaining social distance requirements in classes:
- Studio barres and floors will be taped off to identify at least 6’ distancing between dancers.
Maintaining small class sizes:
- Class sizes are capped at 25% capacity:
Studios 2 and 3: maximum of 8 dancers
Studio 4: maximum of 10 dancers
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is reserved
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors washed with a hospital grade disinfectant.
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was new fall 2019 and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour.
Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
Sanitizing studios between classes:
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with a disinfectant
Common building areas and bathrooms:
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms will be disinfected on a regular schedule
- Front lobby is cleaned daily. Hand sanitizer available as you enter.
Taking temperature before entering space:
- We are not currently planning to take temperatures as you enter the space, however you will be given a short symptomatic questionnaire upon entering.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer will be located in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
Wearing Face Masks:
- All staff and dancers will be required to wear face masks when entering the space and in class
- Gloves are not required by staff or dancers
Having security present to enforce policies:
- We will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance