FALL 2021 – SPRING 2022
This program provides students with exceptional clarity and strength while encouraging a life-long love of dance and healthy body image. Live accompaniment, enrichment in modern and character dance along with promotion of health and well-being complete the training.
Students enrolled in the School-Year Division build the foundation for college-level programs, conservatory or a professional career. Over 100 students each year are trained in the Vaganova-based progressive curriculum augmented by modern dance and other genres to create the well-rounded dancer.
Advancement is determined by the students’ progress in developing technical skills, strength, and artistry. Parental support is encouraged and welcomed.
We welcome new students at anytime. Please call or email for more information 651-690-1588 and email@example.com
Studios at 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
Semester 1: September 13, 2021 – January 29, 2022
Semester 2: January 31 – May 27, 2022
LEVELS: Levels 1 – 3 for ages 9-12
|Level 1||Spring Semester||6:00-7:30p||5:30-7:00p|
We remain committed to equity and inclusiveness, especially for those who are marginalized, and understand that the pandemic will hit some in our community harder than others. Closures of non-profits have a profound effect on the financial health of artists and children in our program.
Our organization is a non-profit and our staff are hourly employees. Please consider a DONATION at this time to “keep the lights on” and supplement our staff. Their contribution to the vitality of our lives is hard to quantify: beautiful movement and music sparks our imaginations, gives us meaning, helps us understand our world and gives us great personal satisfaction.
Registration & More Information
Tuition payments are due before the start of classes for the year by September 13, 2021.
For convenience, tuition may be paid by semesters or monthly (please contact the Administrative Assistant at 651-690-1588).
- 2 Semester payments: September 13, 2021 and January 11, 2022 by cash, check or credit card.
- 8 Monthly payments: due on the same day each month. Arrange at registration.
- NOTE: A 2% processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
- Entire tuition payment MUST be completed before the Winter and Spring Showcases for a student to be able to participate in the performance.
Sibling discount: 5% on the lower tuition for Children’s Division | 10% on the lower tuition for School-Year Division
New Student Admission
New students ages 9-18: Please contact School Director Christina Onusko at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-690-1588 to arrange a placement class for the School Year Division.
Families with dancers ages 9-13 who would like to start ballet for the first time: Please see our Intro to Ballet Classes.
Winter Showcase 2021 is for all students enrolled full-time in the School-Year Division. Performances December 2021 at The O’Shaughnessy in St. Paul. Casting is at the sole discretion of the directors.
Spring Showcase: A Celebration of Our Students for students enrolled full-time for the School-Year Division and students of the Children’s division. Performances May 2022.
Performance fees: This fee helps defray the costs for cleaning/repair/replacement of costumes in SPB’s inventory.
$40 fee due October 1, 2021 for students participating inWinter Showcase.
$40 fee due March 1, 2022 for students participating in the Spring Showcase.
We couldn’t do it without you! Parents/guardians of semester or full-term students have the option of volunteering a minimum of 4 hours per semester during performance production weeks or paying a fee of $100 per semester to hire additional staff for productions.
Summer Study Auditions for St. Paul Ballet will be announced in January 2022
Summer study is designed to offer training that is more demanding than during the school year. You will have a chance to explore new styles while growing in your technique. The condensed time frame but longer days gives you the chance to grow exponentially and prepare for the upcoming season.
We encourage students to attend many summer intensive auditions. Be sure to take advantage of any auditions held in our studios.
Do you offer scholarships? Yes, we offer need-based scholarships. Please complete the application and mail, email or bring it to our studios at: 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
Jan 27-Feb 1: Student-Parent Mid-year Conferences for BB I & II thru Level 6 students. Sign-up online will be available.
June 1-6: Student-Parent Year-end Conferences for BB I & II thru Level 6 students. Sign-up online will be available.
NOTE: Students continue in their same class and level unless the School Director recommends a change in level placement or they have formally withdrawn.
Location and Parking:
655 Fairview Avenue N., St Paul, MN 55104 Ample free parking lot. Just 3 blocks north of the Fairview Ave. LRT Station on University Ave.
Volunteer opportunities: Help support the ballet through volunteering at performances and events. Sign up with the Administrative Assistant.
Fall Open House October 9 or 16, 2021
Winter Showcase (Dec 2021)
Spring Student Showcase (May 2022)
and other opportunities as announced throughout the year!
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if a class spot is booked but not cancelled at least 4 hours early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 12 and above must show proof of vaccination or negative test within one week.
- If you are unvaccinated you will need to wear a face mask. All dancers under the age of 12 are required to wear a face mask into the space and in class. We recommend wearing a mask in all common areas of the building.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10-15 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines as of September 2021:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is booked but not cancelled before the class begins.
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new last Fall and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
At SPB, we will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance.