As of June 1, 2022: Masks are welcomed.
If you test positive for COVID-19 please stay home and quarantine according to the following MN Dept. of Health guidelines. We’ll be happy to see you back in class when you recover. (Full guidelines https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/sick.html)
Please visit the MN Dept. of Health website for recommendations: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/close.html
How long to stay home: Stay at home for at least five full days after your positive test and until you feel better.
Dear students, families, and patrons,
We hope this note finds you healthy and safe. No one could have envisioned how life would change under the pandemic but that doesn’t mean we cannot keep our community connected. We continue to evolve on how we can move together safely going forward. Thank you for your patience and care for each other.
We remain committed to equity and inclusiveness, especially for those who are unrepresented, and understand that the pandemic has hit some in our community harder than others. Over the next 18 months, our main concern is the financial health of artists and children in our program as we build back to pre-pandemic levels.
Our organization is a non-profit and our staff are hourly employees. Please consider a DONATION to sustain the excellence you have come to count on from our teaching artists and musicians. Their contribution to the vitality of our lives is hard to quantify: beautiful movement and music sparks our imaginations, gives us meaning, helps us understand our world and gives us great personal satisfaction.
All classes at this time are in-studio. We following all state precautions. Your health, both physically and mentally is our utmost concern.
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if booking is not cancelled at least one hour early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 5 and above may show proof of vaccination.
- Masks are welcomed and at the discretion of the wearer.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is booked but not cancelled before the class begins.
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new last Fall and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
At SPB, we will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance.