Adult Classes - book yourself!
8-WEEK INTRODUCTORY Sessions
Adult/Teen Ballet Fundamentals 1:
This is for the adult with no ballet experience! Learn the basic steps, class etiquette, direction of movement, and more. Ages 13 and older. 8-Week Session meets two times a week, both Mondays AND Wednesdays. Dancers progress to Fundamentals 2.
Mondays 6:00-7:15pm and Wednesdays 6:00-7:15pm | Instructor: Jill Lile
Fall Session 1: Oct 3-Nov 23, 2022 (8 weeks $216 for 2x per week)
Winter Session 2: Nov 28 – Feb 1, 2023 (8 weeks $216 for 2x per week)
Winter Session 3: Feb 6 – Mar 29, 2023 (8 weeks for 2x per week
Spring Session 4: Apr 10 – May 24, 2023 (7 weeks $189.00 for 2x per week)
$216 each 8-week session which meets 2x per week. Book yourself below for the session you wish to attend.
8-Week Introductory Sessions
All Other Adult Classes
Adult-Teen Classes as of September 1, 2022
Adult/Teen Classes for ages 13+
Teen and Adult Classes are designed for students who wish to begin or continue dance training for health, recreation or self-enrichment. Students are encouraged to grow as an individual artist and to participate at their own pace. Classes are taught by teachers dedicated to the growth and fostering of ballet as an art form and believe dance contributes to a healthy lifestyle. Classes emphasize overall body conditioning and encourage an aesthetic appreciation of dance. Classes are accompanied by professional musicians.
Classes Offered in order of mastery:
Lifelong Ballet ages 40+
Boomer Ballet ages 55+
SPB offers teen students ages 12-18 individual placement assessments.
Please contact email@example.com or CALL: 651-690-1588 with questions.
NOTE: For students aged 15 and under who would like to try ballet for the first time please see our Young Teen Fundamentals classes.
Adult/Teen Intermediate Ballet:
For the student with a minimum of one year of classical ballet experience in the recent past. Ages 13 and older. Book yourself for online classes.
Mondays 7:15-8:45pm ⎪ Instructor: Jill Lile
Saturdays 9:00-10:30am ⎪ | Instructors:
Rose Hartnett and Jill Lile
SINGLE CLASS PRICES
Single class rate: $15
Senior Citizen single class rate: $9 (60+)
Post-Secondary Student single class rate: $12 (Currently enrolled in an education program)
Advanced Professional dancer (and professional teacher) single class rate: $10
CLASS CARD RATES as of September 1, 2022
4-class card: $57 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
6-class card: $81 good for 3 months from date of purchase.
12-class card: $142 good for 4 months from date of purchase.
Adult Ballet Fundamentals 1: $216 for 8-week Session, 2x per week
All students are asked to wear ballet attire or clothing that allows for fluid movement during class. Ballet technique shoes are required (with the exception of trying a free first class in which case socks would be permitted.)
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund for ‘no show,’ if booking is not cancelled at least one hour early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 12 and above may show proof of vaccination.
- Masks are welcomed and at the discretion of the wearer.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines as of March 2022:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is booked but not cancelled one hour before the class begins.
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new in Fall 2019 and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
At SPB, we will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance.