FALL 2021 – SPRING 2022
No experience necessary! Bring your joy and energy to explore the fundamentals of movement in developmentally appropriate classes. Experienced teachers with pedagogical knowledge provide a nurturing environment where each child can develop according to their potential.
Find your dancer’s class by age as of September 1, 2021.
We welcome new students at anytime. Please call or email for more information 651-690-1588 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Studios at 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
All but one class is in-studio at this time.
- All classes are by pre-registration only.
- Class limit is 10 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- Masks are mandatory in classes with students between ages 2-12. We recommend wearing a mask in all common areas of the building.
- All dancers and their caregivers ages 12 or above must show proof of vaccination or negative test within one week.
- Please see additional COVID-19 Preparedness details below.
As we re-build our programming moving out of the pandemic, we remain committed to equity and inclusiveness, especially for those who are marginalized, and understand that the pandemic has hit some in our community harder than others. We will continue to offer scholarships and find a spot for anyone who wants to dance!
Our organization is a non-profit and our staff are hourly employees. Their contribution to the vitality of our lives is hard to quantify: beautiful movement and music sparks our imaginations, gives us meaning, helps us understand our world and gives us great personal satisfaction. Please consider a DONATION as we work to remain open through rebuilding our enrollment.
Registration & More Information
• Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
Tuition payments are due before the start of classes for the year by September 13, 2021.
For convenience, tuition may be paid by semesters or monthly (please contact the Administrative Assistant at 651-690-1588).
- Three payment options by check/cash or credit card:
1. One annual payment.
2. Semester payments: September 13, 2021 and January 31, 2022.
3. 8 Monthly payments: due on the same day each month. Arrange at registration.
- NOTE: A 2% processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
- Entire tuition payment MUST be completed before the Winter and Spring Showcases for a student to be able to participate in the performance.
- Sibling discount: 5% on the lower tuition for Children’s Division | 10% on the lower tuition for School-Year Division
New Student Admission
New students ages 2.5-8: Register for class in your age group. No placement/audition needed.
New students ages 9-18 in the School-Year Division: Please contact School Director Christina Onusko at email@example.com or call 651-690-1588 to arrange a placement class for the School Year Division.
New students ages 7-13 in the Community Division: Register for Intro to Ballet without a placement class.
New students ages 13+ in the Community Division: Register for Adult-Teen classes without a placement class.
Do you offer scholarships? Yes, we offer need-based scholarships. If tuition is a barrier, please complete the application HERE OR call and ask for a scholarship application. We would like to provide dance for any child who would like to try! Please complete the application and mail, email or bring it to our studios at: 655 Fairview Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
Fall Parent Meetings: Sep 23, 7:30-8:30pm OR Sep 25, 5:00-6:00pm
An essential meeting for families with dancers in the School-Year and Children’s Divisions will take place over Zoom. The link will be sent to families one week prior. School policies, events, and performance opportunities will be discussed.Q&A.
Location and Parking:
655 Fairview Avenue N., St Paul, MN 55104 Ample free parking lot. Just 3 blocks north of the Fairview Ave. LRT Station on University Ave.
Volunteer opportunities: Help support the ballet through volunteering at performances and events. Sign up with the Administrative Assistant.
Fall Open House October 16, 2021
Winter Showcase (Dec 2021)
Spring Student Showcase (May 2022)
and other opportunities as announced throughout the year!
Prepare yourself for in-person classes
COMING TO THE STUDIO
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All classes are by pre-registration only. Please BOOK at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. No refund policy for ‘no show,’ if a class spot is booked but not cancelled early.
- Class limit is 20 students. NO unbooked DROP-INs.
- All dancers ages 12 and above must show proof of vaccination or negative test within one week.
- Masks are mandatory for those who are not fully vaccinated. We also recommend masks be worn in common areas in the building.
- If you are unvaccinated you will need to wear a face mask. All dancers under the age of 12 are required to wear a face mask into the space and in class.
- Do not plan to arrive earlier than 10-15 minutes before the start of class. There is no waiting area. Only those taking class will be allowed in the studios during class time.
- The drinking fountain and bottle filler are open. Be sure to bring a water bottle to class. Any water bottles left after class will be discarded.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- Street shoes are to be stored in the cubbies outside of the studios. No street shoes on the studio floors.
- Bring your personal belongings into the studio. Please only bring the minimum items necessary for class—avoid large dance bags.
- Come dressed for class if possible. Bathrooms may be used for changing.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the studios.
COVID PRECAUTIONS under MN Dept. of Health Guidelines as of September 2021:
- In-studio class size is now 100% capacity
- All classes will require pre-registration and payment online, no drop-in classes
- Due to class size restrictions, pre-registered/reserved spaces must be paid for at the time of registration
- There is a no refund policy for ‘no show’, if a class spot is booked but not cancelled before the class begins.
Overall disinfecting of space/ studios:
- Studio floors are disinfected with Stagestep Disinfectant Cleaner. ProCleanTM D No-Rinse is a one-step “hospital strength” disinfectant and cleaner that is effective against a broad-spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Covid 19, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- HVAC and Ventilation: Our HVAC was brand new last Fall and is up to current building code. The units on average exchange the air in our spaces at least 3-4 times per hour. If the outside temperatures do not vary more than a few degrees from inside temps, exchange can be as much as 10x per hour. Our 22’ ceilings and large floor area give our studios a large cubic volume and air flow is directed across the ceilings and drops down the walls to avoid creating a draft affect. This is important as it directs the airflow away from people which can increase aerosols from individuals spreading to others.
- All barres, doorknobs and light switches will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly.
- Foot pulls have been installed on the bathroom doors so they can be opened without hand touching
- Bathrooms are cleaned each day M-F.
Washing Hands/ Hand Sanitizer:
- We encourage hand washing, or using hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the space
- Hand sanitizer can be found in multiple locations around the facility including in each studio
At SPB, we will be doing our part to watch and remind everyone who enters the space of the policies we have set in place. The health and well-being of our community is of the upmost importance.